Whateverthefuckstuck

Author Topic: Act XXXVIII  (Read 8104 times)

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
Act XXXVIII
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »
The first treatment was sort of anticlimactic, in a way, because Sollux didn't feel gutwrenchingly awful afterwards.  The second one wasn't as nice, though, and after the third, he decided he was never getting out of bed again.  He had thought he'd been exhausted a lot before the chemo, but it was nothing like this.  Even taking the dogs out seemed like a horribly daunting task, and that was a twice daily--at least--activity.

He was also supposed to eat more, which was awful because now he had this lovely undercurrent of vague nausea most of the time, so Eridan had made him a number of easy meals he could just throw in the microwave or even eat cold.  He set his watch to go off to tell him when to eat--he was trying, he really was.

But he'd slept through the last alarm, and it was time for second breakfast and he hadn't even eaten first breakfast, and his hands felt weird and disconnected from his arms somehow, so it wasn't really any surprise to him when he managed to drop the container on the floor, spreading his special high protein breakfast all over the kitchen floor.

He did not have the energy to deal with this.

Three kittens had gone to new homes, but the other two--a large orange one and a small gray one--were happily cleaning the floor for him with their tongues.  Awesome.  And Jojo was whining at the door, his leash in his mouth, and Sollux was in his pajamas and feeling like shit and, nope.  This was too much to deal with any of this.

Still leaning against the kitchen counter, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed up Karkat.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
Re: Act XXXVIII
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:16:07 PM »
"What do you need?" Karkat asked.  He'd disposed of his usual "you're bothering me while I'm trying to do incredibly important tasks" greeting that he usually used when Sollux called.

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:17:52 PM »
"I'm too tired to take the dogs out and I knocked my breakfast on the floor and the cats are eating it," Sollux said sadly.  "Can you come over?"

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »
"Oh, shit on toast, of course I'll come over, dumbass," Karkat said.  "I'll be by right away."  Luckily, the kids were in school today.  They were old enough to stay home alone, technically, but he didn't trust them not to graffiti the walls while he was gone.

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »
"Thanks," Sollux mumbled.  How pathetic.  He was too exhausted to even fucking argue with Karkat.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »
Karkat knew that Sollux's exhaustion and mood were both normal.  He had read books on this topic, by now.  He thought he was completely prepared.

But every time he saw him, he realized again that he just wasn't.  He had been skinny before, but now he was skeletal.  Without any energy moving him around, he looked like he was about two seconds from dying. 

He used his key to let himself in, and started immediately cleaning off the floor. 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »
"KK?"  Sollux was flopped in the armchair, trying to eat something out of a tupperware container.  It was actually sort of nice; the kittens were in the kitchen, helping themselves to breakfast.

Jojo was still doing his peepee dance and decided to try it on Karkat instead, since Sollux wasn't getting up.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
"I'm going to just take your dogs out while I still have my coat on," Karkat yelled into the other room.

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
"Yeah, all right," Sollux replied.  "Lock the cats in the bathroom or something before they make themselves sick."

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »
"Like they'll let me get near them, but I'll try.  I think the one dog's about to unload on the linoleum," Karkat said.  He tried to scoop up a kitten.

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »
The kittens skittered about unhelpfully and the dog started to whine.  Sollux put his hands over his face and groaned.  He just couldn't fucking deal with this right now.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »
"Okay, look.  If they eat too much, they'll throw up and I'll have to clean it up.  This dog pisses on the floor, I have to clean it up.  Which do you want me to have to deal with--piss or vomit?  One is pretty much the same as the other, too me, so you can choose," Karkat said.

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 09:07:01 PM »
"Just fucking pick one, or you'll have to do both," Sollux snapped, irritated.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 09:29:49 PM »
"Okay.  Okay!  I'll take the dog out.  Just stay where you are and rest," Karkat said.  "Don't move!"

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »
The dogs were very helpful about giving Karkat their leashes, even though they were both so well behaved that neither of them really needed leashes.  The kittens on the other hand got full pretty quickly and started attacking each other and making a mess of the remaining food on the floor.