Whateverthefuckstuck

Author Topic: Act I : THE FINAL FRONTIER  (Read 6835 times)

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
Re: Act I : THE FINAL FRONTIER
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
"Nooo," Cid insisted.  "You ain't useless.  You...you listen to the shit pourin' out of my mouth...an'...an' you're so nice...."

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »
"Maybe...you have had enough to drink..." Vincent said.  Lucretia had called him nice, a couple times.  Basically just when she felt sorry for him. 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2015, 12:56:51 AM »
"An' yer pretty too," Cid mumbled, his head still on the counter.  "Yer hair ish....ish really fuckin' purty.  Yeah.  An' yer arm is a...shiny an' shit."

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
"...yes...I think...that is enough..." Vincent said, slowly.  He supposed his hair was pretty, and his arm was shiny.  Those were both simple facts, but it made him uneasy to hear them spoken out loud. 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2015, 10:43:21 PM »
Cid was far too gone to realize that he was making Vincent uncomfortable.  "Mmhmm," he agreed, and promptly fell asleep on the counter.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 17, 2015, 12:22:50 AM »
Vincent realized, after about half an hour of Cid not saying anything, that he had fallen asleep.  He had no idea what to do about him.  He thought about getting up and leaving, or just sitting there. 

He felt an uncomfortable twinge of duty.  This man was planning on protecting him from Shinra and Hojo.  Maybe he shouldn't leave him vulnerable and drowning in his own mouth fluids on a bar, alone. 

"Wake up," Vincent tried. 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
Cid started snoring.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2015, 10:32:50 AM »
Vincent glanced at the bartender.  The alien creature made some sort of gesture, unrecognizable.  It did not seem perturbed. 

"You can set him up in one of the rooms downstairs," it said, in perfect Common. 

Vincent wasn't sure he could actually carry Cid anywhere, but once he had decided to make the effort, he found he wasn't as heavy as he assumed.  Or Vincent was stronger.  He could get winded walking up too many stairs, but his strength fluctuated and today it was good enough to get Cid over his shoulder and down into the much larger underground part of the structure. 

There were a few rentable rooms down the stairs.  Vincent dumped Cid onto a mat on the floor and sat down in a corner nearby. 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »
Cid did wake up enough to mumble a string of curses at whoever was dragging him around, but that was all he managed before passing out again.

At one point, Cloud came in looking for Cid and was directed toward the lower level.  Cloud frowned but knocked on the indicated door.  It seemed like Vincent was stuck with Cid, but nobody really knew Vincent very well, so...yeah.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
"...yes," Vincent said, when he realized the person wasn't going to come in unless he said something. 

He sat on the floor, knees pulled up to his chest, cape draped around himself.  He was not thinking about anything in particular.  Cid was snoring. 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2015, 11:59:12 AM »
Cloud peered around the edge of the door, frowning.  Cid was asleep, snoring loudly, and Vincent was just sort of...there.  Watching him.  Well, that wasn't creepy or anything.

"I was just looking for the captain," Cloud explained.  "...he got totally wasted, didn't he."

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2015, 09:11:48 PM »
"Yes," Vincent said.  "...the ship is like his child."  Apparently.