Whateverthefuckstuck

Author Topic: Part III  (Read 13847 times)

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
Re: Part III
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
"Fuck."  The look on Sollux's face as he left--he was going to remember that for fucking ever.  Just mentioning his moirail made it difficult to think about anything else.  "Yeah, I'll tell them.  I'd smuggle out the entire school, if it was possible." 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
"They'd probably notice that, at some point," Nepeta sniffled, wiping her eyes on her sleeve and leaving streaks of dirt across her face.  "Maybe we can help them more from the outside?"

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2012, 09:11:44 PM »
"Yeah."  Karkat peered out from under the sheet.  "Do you hear anything?" 

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
Nepeta listened for a minute.  "I think we're okay," she said softly.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
"Get me out of here, before I snap and do something stupid," he stood up.

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »
Nepeta led him up the stairs and crept to the supply closet a ways down from the stairwell.  Once inside, she moved aside the mop and cleaning supplies and detached part of the wall.  The space wasn't big, but Karkat wasn't very big either.  "You go first so I can reattach the door," she instructed.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
"We were so fucking close," Karkat said, climbing in.  It hadn't even hit him completely yet how much of a failure he was.

twinArmageddons

• Sollux Captor
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2012, 10:48:58 PM »
Sollux opened his eyes slowly.

The events of the past few hours were lost to him--the minute he'd come upstairs, they'd gassed him and knocked him out, pretty much instantly.  He couldn't have blown them up if he had wanted to.  They knew exactly what they were up against.

The room he was in had a lot of computer screens in it; that was the first thing he noticed.  He didn't have his glasses, so the screens were blurry and he couldn't read them.  There were also people--humans, he noted, because of their varying hair colors--bustling around, working on computers, whatever.  He did not like it here.  He wanted to go back to his room, with Karkat, with his recuperacoon...

"He's waking up," someone said.

"Oh, good.  He needs to be awake for this part."

Someone grasped his shoulders and forced him to sit up.  He tried to fight it, but his hands didn't seem to work right.  A woman in front of him reached forward with something and placed it on his head.  It fit snugly like a helmet, though it wasn't whole, sort of just a metal frame.  They hooked something around all four of his horns before he really understood what was happening.

"No, thtop, no, no, no," he insisted, trying desperately to struggle.  "What are you doing?"

"Oh, look at those eyes, aren't they nice?  I've never seen a troll with bi-colored eyes like that.  I bet he's very powerful."

It was the woman in front of him talking.  Sollux struggled again, hissing at her.  "Fuck you.  Let me go!"  Why the hell couldn't he move?

"Let's hook him to the machine and see what he's got."  They were ignoring him, apparently.

Sollux soon discovered that a set of heavy manacles were fastening his limbs to the slab of metal he had been lying on.  Someone unsnapped them, but someone else was holding his arms, raising them up over his head, and--

"Oh--oh, fuck, no, no, don't do thith to me, pleathe don't do thith to me!"

The machines humans used to suck the psychic power out of psionics were different than the organic devices used by trolls for the same purpose.  Sollux's arms were suspended above his head, but not as far--his elbows were bent.  His legs were secured to a slab of metal beneath him.  The half-helmet on his head spawned a number of cords that hooked into the machine behind him.  He was locked in metal entirely, and he only had free range motion in his head.

The entire process took fifteen minutes, and they were fifteen minutes of Sollux pleading and begging and demanding and struggling.  He even tried using his psychic ability, but the second he did, he felt the power drain out of his body, into that helmet and that cord attached to him.  The feeling terrified him, and he didn't repeat the action.

"Well," the woman who seemed to be in charge said, "let's try him out."

Sollux stared in horror as she flipped a particular switch, and then, a blinding pain split his temples.  His back arched involuntarily, and he howled in pain and in terror, writhing in his metal prison.

There was more talk among the humans, even while the pain continued, and he ignored them.  He tried to shut off the power raging through his mind, but he couldn't do it.  He tried to slam his head backwards into something until he fell unconscious, but he couldn't reach anything.  He was left to gasp in pain and writhe around in his bindings while the humans went about their business.

Eventually, they all left, shutting the door to Sollux's new prison, and Sollux winced his eyes closed and prayed that Karkat was all right and that he would be able to find Sollux soon.  He didn't know how much of this he could stand.

"Don't worry, the pain will pass soon enough," a voice came, barely above the whirring of the machinery, once all the humans had gone.

Sollux glanced around, assuming someone had stayed behind.  Instead, his gaze found another troll--psionic, obviously--trapped in the same sort of machine he was, facing him.  She was much older than he was, with long, straight horns that branched out near the ends into two different points.  Her hair was long and her eyes were ringed with brown.  She looked old and tired.

"It's because you haven't been using your powers," she continued.  "You get the migraines, right?"

Sollux stared at her for a moment, and he nodded.

"It's all the migraines at once.  You use your powers the way you're supposed to, this doesn't happen so much.  But your brain is opening up a the passages at once, and it feels like shit."

"...yeah."

"...who's Kaykay?"

Sollux blinked at her.  "What?"

"Kaykay.  You were calling for someone named Kaykay before."

"...wath I?"  He shook his head slightly, hissing in pain.  "...my moirail."

"Ah.  You poor darling," she murmured.  "What do they call you?"

"They don't call me anything, anymore," he scowled.  "I'm Tholluxth."  He frowned, and concentrated.  "...Sollux."

"Sollux.  I'm Avelin."