Whateverthefuckstuck

Author Topic: Scene III - Everybody to the Bridge! (also Dave & Sollux)  (Read 11624 times)

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
Re: Scene III - Everybody to the Bridge! (also Dave & Sollux)
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2012, 01:30:54 AM »
"I could do it," Karkat said, stubborn.  "If I had two working arms.  Fuck.  Seriously, Strider, this is attached to my nerves and I don't feel like discovering a shiny new way of being in pain right now." 

ectoBiologist

• John Egbert
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
"I was there when they attached the damn thing," Dave pointed out. "And contrary to whatever you believe, I am not actually stupid."

"Come on, Karkat," John pleaded quietly. "It's pretty much the only way you're going to get two working arms."

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2012, 01:39:39 AM »
"Ngh," Karkat said, "Hfgggghhhhfffffuuuuck, fine."  Karkat picked up his metal arm and held it out, like an offering.

ectoBiologist

• John Egbert
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2012, 01:44:59 AM »
Dave took Karkat's arm carefully and looked at it, turning it gently to examine it from every angle. It was a little beat up but other than that, didn't look too bad from the outside. It did make some ominous noises when it moved though.

"I'm going to need some tools," he said. "I'm sure they've got some on the ship that'll work. I can't do much more right now without some."

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »
"We've got your tools right here," Karkat said, referring to himself and John.  "This room is full of tools, as far as I can see."  He was also referring to Dave, now, because he was a huge tool, too.

ectoBiologist

• John Egbert
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2012, 12:24:21 PM »
Dave rolled his eyes. "I forgot just how fucking useful you are, thanks," he said.

"I bet there are some in the storage area," John said. "I found it while I was exploring, there were a lot of supplies in there."

"Right, I'll take a look," Dave replied, letting go of Karkat's arm. "I'll be right back." After one quick look at John, he disappeared from the room.

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
Dave was so pale for John it curdled Karkat's pulsating bile generation lobe.  He just had to take one last look at John before he left, just to make sure he would be okay for five minutes.  "I know I'm the natural leader of this death vessel, but why would I know where anything is on it?" Karkat wondered.

ectoBiologist

• John Egbert
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2012, 01:39:10 PM »
"I don't know," John admitted. "I did explore a bit, though. I'm pretty sure I saw tools of some kind in there. I mean, how else would you repair the ship?"

carcinoGeneticist

• Karkat Vantas
  • Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
"Fuck if I know," Karkat said.  "Fuck if I know anything."